Aug 29, 2007

News

Well the summer is coming to an end and although I'm sad to see the warm weather go, it will be nice to have a little more free time (that will be filled quickly I'm sure). I've got two portraits on the go right now. I plan on getting the one of the three dogs finished pretty soon, then I've got a pastel portrait to do. I will only be taking on a few more commissions for Christmas so you might want to put your order in soon. I also offer gift certificates for anyone who doesn't get their order in in time.

I have some exciting news...last week, a reporter from my local newspaper, The Daily Gleaner, contacted me and asked to do an article on me. She interviewed me last week and a photographer came to my house. The article will be in the Balance section in tomorrow's paper. I'm quite excited about this...and a little nervous. This article will be great for exposure and I'm quite flattered that she asked me to do this. The article will be a profile of me, apparently discussing different aspects of my life. I will of course be purchasing several newspapers tomorrow when the article comes out! I will also post a link to the article on my website and blog.

In other news, I will be at the Pet Expo in Fredericton on Sept. 28, 29, 30, displaying my work and advertising my business. I have a lot of preparation to do this month because I plan on selling greeting cards and prints, as well as promoting the commission side of my work. Apparently the Pet Expo brings in a large crowd (over 3000 last year), so hopefully I will get some new commissions from that. It will be a long, busy weekend, but I've got some helpers and I expect it will be an enjoyable experience.

And lastly, I've entered a couple of my drawings into an art competition at the Fredericton Exhibition being held this coming week. I've entered "Britainy and Briggs" and "Noah" . These portraits belong to friends of mine and they were kind enough to lend them to me for the competition. I should know how I do in the competition in the next few days. Fingers crossed!

Well that is it for my news for now. I hope everyone is having an enjoyable summer.

No comments: