Dec 27, 2006

Shamus - Stage 2


This is stage 2 of Shamus. I'm guessing that I've put about 5 hours into it so far (give or take).



I've really got to get into the habit of timing how long it takes me to do these drawings. I have timed some in the past and came up with some general times. I think, generally for an 8x10 drawing, it takes me 8-10 hours for one pet. For an 11x14 drawing of one pet, I think it takes about 15 hours. Every drawing is different though and some go more smoothly than others. Maybe I should carry a little stop-watch around in my pencil case!

I hope everyone had a great holiday. I travelled home to Moncton (about 1 1/2 hrs from here) and spent time with my family. I had a lot of visiting to do and it was great to see everyone. It was a busy 4-day weekend!

Sadly, my little sis wasn't with us this year because she's in China, teaching in Shanghai. My mother and I are heading there this February for 2 1/2 weeks and we're quite excited! Neither of us has been to China so it will be quite an adventure.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! I will post an update on Shamus again very soon.

No comments: