Jan 9, 2007

Now on to my next commissions....

Well I heard back from Shamus' Mom and she loves the drawing. She said she is happy with the background as well and said that it is "so Shamus". (I guess he likes to sit at the patio door and look outside).

It is always a relief to hear that the client loves your drawing. I'm really glad she is happy with the background too because it's not something that I usually add in. I just felt this portrait needed the background to show the viewer what the cat is doing and where the light is coming from.

So now I move on to my next commissions. I've got two in line at the moment, and I'm actually planning on working on them both, rather than one after the other. One is of a cocker spaniel named Noah that I will be doing in pencil and the other is a cat named Abbee that will be done in coloured pencil. I want to get a started on both of them because I will be away in China visiting my sister for 2 1/2 weeks in February and I don't want to get behind. So I will be posting these works in progess (WIP) soon.

No comments: