So if you're on Facebook, you may have seen this circulating around. It's meant to tell people a little bit about yourself...things that people probably don't know about you. I thought it might be a good idea to put my 25 things here on my blog. You may not be interested, and if not, feel free to skip it. If you are interested, read on:
1. I don't have a lot of patience and get bored easily. On the flip side, give me a tedious activity and I get lost in it. Go figure!
2. I hate my natural hair colour. It's a mousy dark blonde. Thankfully I can get highlights every couple of months.
3. I LOVE animals! I would have a house full of them if I could. As it stands now, I have 3 cats.
4. I really want to quit my job and become a full time artist...but only if I can make lots of money off of each piece, so that I don't have to work that often!
5. I really want to move somewhere warm, but I don't want to be too far away from my family.
6. I love to travel. I have been to 16 countries on 5 continents. I want to see as much of the world as I can in my lifetime.
7. I used to work in a meat packing plant as a quality control technician, and I have never hated a job so much. But two really good things came from my working there: I quit to travel for a year (see #8) and it gave me the incentive to go back to school (see #9).
8. At age 23, I backpacked around Australia and New Zealand for a year...by myself. It was the best thing that I have ever done.
9. I graduated from university in 1997 with a BSc in Biology, then went back to school 4 years later to study Nuclear Medicine, graduating when I was 28. I have been working as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for 5 years.
10. I used to be a neat freak up until university, but now I just can't seem to tackle the smallest pile of clothes lying on the floor.
11. I used to be extremely shy, but travelling for a year by myself cured me of that.
12. All through grade school I had the same wonderful group of friends, but I felt I relied on them too much because I was so shy. So I decided to go to a university where I knew no one so I could make new friends on my own.
13. I went to the University of Prince Edward Island because of the above reason, and also because I had wanted to be a vet my whole life. But I changed my mind after my first year, probably because of the prospect of going to school for 8 straight years, or maybe because I didn't think I had it in me. To this day, I regret not trying and as it turns out, I ended up going to school for 6 years.
14. I love soccer and play on a women's team in Fredericton.
15. I really want to be able to speak French better, but I am shy about speaking it with French people.
16. I took organ lessons for 7 years and still like to play every once in a while when I visit home. I also played the flute for 3 years in school. I've always wanted to play the violin, but don't want to put the time in to learn.
17. I always have to be doing something with my hands. It is impossible for me to keep them still, try as I might.
18. If a baby and puppy where put in front of me, I'd go to the puppy every time.
19. I sneeze once when I eat Excel Polar Ice gum, fudgy chocolate or strong cough syrup.
20. I am always really keen to try a new hobby, but I very quickly get bored, leaving things half done. Drawing has been the only hobby that has held my interest.
21. I was stung on my ankle by a stinging tree in Australia. [Description: Contact with the leaves causes the hollow silica-tipped hairs to penetrate the skin and deliver a potent toxin. The sting causes a painful stinging sensation which can last for days or even months and the injured area becomes covered with small red spots joining together to form a red, swollen mass. The sting is known to have killed one human, and it can also kill dogs and horses]....I was ok, but the pain and tingling stayed with me for about 6 months.
22. I almost stepped on a (wild) python once.
23. I lived in a house with no outside walls for a week in the rainforest. Every morning I would wake up with bat poo on my book, and a part of me would be swollen. There were ants in the peanut butter, I showered in a tool shed, peed on the ground just outside of my room at night (maybe a bit too much info there!?) and bats would fly over our heads as we ate at the dinner table. It was amazing!
24. I kind of want to own sheep instead of a lawn mower.
25. I've been inside a pyramid, the Cistine Chapel, the Louvre, the Roman Colosseum and up the Eiffel Tower; I walked around Ayers Rock, snorkeled in the Great Barrier Reef, climbed a glacier and swam with dolphins in New Zealand, rode in a gondola in Venice and walked the Great Wall of China.
So if you're still reading, now you know a little bit more about me!