May 18, 2009

My recent art project

Well I finally have something artsy that I can show you! I've been painting our exercise room and decided to make it a little fun by adding a design to the walls. Here are some photos.

The first picture is where I got my idea for the whole thing - a t-shirt I got from Old Navy several years ago.


And here is the room:











Now all I need to do is paint the navy blue entertainment centre and shelves. I'll probably paint them either black or chocolate brown? What do you think?


11 comments:

Sally McLean said...

Very pretty! It should help to take your mind off your gruelling excercise routine! Did you make large stencils or paint the pattern freehand?

Chuck Dilmore said...

oh. wow.
that is just stunning!
beautiful job on color choices, design, everything!

wait... all that from a shirt?
very cool!

peace~
Chuck

Heather Page said...

Thanks to you both! No stencils were used in the making of this. Just free-hand with a piece of chalk first, which could be wiped off later. Very time-consuming, but worth it. And yep, all from a T-shirt! Go figure! My original idea was to do a coral reef, but that would have taken ages!!

Sarah Gunn said...

Wow! Gorgeous!! And no stencils? Double wow.

April Jarocka said...

Love it Heather. I did my girls rooms when they were small, so we had powerpuff girls and the whole of Townsville at one point, along with flowers and winnie the pooh. It's a great idea. What did you paint it with?

Heather Page said...

I just used regular old wall paint. Nothing fancy!

artbykarieann said...

Wow, what a room, perhaps you can be a interior designer aswell!!! Looking good Heather!

Chuck Dilmore said...

this room
is still stunning
to me!

Heather Page said...

Thanks everyone!

Joan A Hamilton said...

I think chocolate rather than black for furniture. Cool flowers!

Chuck Dilmore said...

miss ya!
hope you're great!