Dec 18, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I just thought I'd write a quick note to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I think I'm pretty much ready for Christmas now. This year, I actually got my shopping done fairly early, so I'm quite proud of myself. I still have a lot of wrapping to do, but at least the hard part is over with! We go home to Moncton every year for the holidays and this year I have a week off, so I'm really looking forward to it! And it means that I don't have to clean our house!


Our new kitten, "Loki", is settling in nicely. He and "Seven" are good pals now. We still have to keep an eye on him as he is quite taken with the Christmas tree. At one point, he managed to climb as high as the star on the 7.5 foot tree! He got doused pretty well with the spray bottle for that one. I think he learned his lesson because he hasn't tried it again! Not to say he doesn't get into trouble elsewhere. His name definitely suits him, as "Loki" is the Norse god of mischief!


In the New Year, I will be finishing up the last of my commissions. Although I made the decision to stop taking on new commissions last March, I'm still working on them! The reason I want a break is because I haven't had a chance to do my own work in about 3 years! I have enjoyed doing commission work because I've met a lot of really great people, but the pressure of meeting deadlines has gotten to be too much. So this is the year I get to do my own thing! I've got lots of new toys I'm excited to try out: brand new (as of last year, but I haven't touched them yet!) Sennelier oil pastels, new oil paints, some watercolour paper, etc. I also have 3 oil paintings that I haven't touched since I took a class a year ago! So I'll be busy this coming year...hopefully I'll find time to do everything I want to do! And I'm hoping this new freedom will motivate me to come up with some creative ideas. Anyway, I hope you'll keep stopping by to see what I'm up to!

So again, I'd like to wish everyone a happy holiday season. And I'd like to thank everyone who follows my blog!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather. Thanx again for the wonderful job you did. "Bandit" is now at "The Joy of Framing" so frame will do your great work justice.

Happy Holidays and I'll be looking forward to following Simon's progress.

:)

Wayne

Heather Page said...

You're very welcome Wayne! I'm sure it will look great framed. And don't forget to let me know what your wife thinks of her gift! Happy holidays to you too!

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Heather,

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful Christmas holiday!! Looks like you are going to have a fantastic year in 2009 - playing with all those new art supplies. I look forward to seeing what you create.

Bandit looks great. What a wonderful gift.

Heather Page said...

Merry Christmas to you too Teresa! I can't wait to see what I create too!

Linda Shantz said...

Have you worked with oil pastels before Heather? I love them, and the Senneliers are amazing! You've got lots of upcoming fun planned!

Heather Page said...

Hi Linda. No I haven't worked with oil pastels before...well that's not entirely true. I used them in elementary school, but I don't really count that!

Laura said...

Merry Christmas Heather - hope you have a good one:)

I look forward to seeing what you do with your new toys.

Heather Page said...

Same to you Laura! Glad to see you're drawing again!