Dec 20, 2008

Simon - WIP 1 & 2

Here is the beginning of Simon's portrait. I'm really enjoying myself so far because I'm not used to working on coloured paper. And I'm also trying a slightly new technique after having read a tutorial by Christina Langman. Her coloured pencil work is absolutely amazing...especially
this drawing! So far I'm really liking the new technique, although I'm still using some of my own methods as well. I figure I should stick with what I know while I'm working on a commission! Later, I'll do more experimenting on my own time!

Reference Photo

Stage 1

Stage 2


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simon looks good Heather. Got "Bandit" back from the "Joy of Framing". What a great job they did! Well worth the price. I swallowed a lump when he showed me the completed work. Totally awesome.

Heather Page said...

That's great Wayne! I'd love to see what it looks like framed if you wouldn't mind sending me a picture of it!