Aug 29, 2006

Paddy (Newfoundland Dog) Stage 2


Here is Paddy's portrait so far. As you can see, I'm darkening the shading, and filling in the lighter areas. I'm guessing I've probably put in about 4-5 hrs already. Hopefully I'll be finished in another week or two.

So far I'm getting lots of good feedback from my website. I still have a few minor changes to make in the layout, but all in all, I think it turned out really well. Paul is responsible for making the website for me and I think he did a wonderful job. Thanks!! (It was my birthday present).

I've already had an order for some greeting cards. The client that I did Sadie (Golden Retriever) for wants to buy some. I ordered a stamp today that will have my website and my name on it. I'll use it to stamp the backs of my greeting cards and my prints. I also will sign my prints so you know they are authentic.

Have a great day! I'm off to the gym now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying watching this picture evolve, the detail is amazing.
LGP

Anonymous said...

In this day and age with amazing digital cameras that allow perfect replicas of our precious pets, one might wonder why spend the money to get "just a pencil sketch"? Well,let me tell you. I have seen Heather's portfolio and with every page you feel that you can reach out and touch the fur. She manages in what she has done so far, to capture the mischieviousness and the soul of her subjects. I can't wait to get my own Page Portrait.

Heather Page said...

Thanks for the comments LGP and Sadie's (Mercedes) mom. I'm looking forward to getting Sadie started.
H